Monday, November 15, 2010

Tutor Highlight: Spanish Tutor, Susan Mosby

I grew up in a quaint beach town in Southern California called Seal Beach.  I discovered my passion for teaching when in the 5th grade I was chosen to tutor kindergarteners how to read. I was excited to watch the progress of my pupils!  After high school, I attended the University of San Diego and graduated with a B.A. in Spanish and Anthropology.  My love for the Spanish language took me to fabulous language programs in Mexico, Costa Rica and Spain.  I then decided to move to Boulder and earn my post-graduate teaching credential from the University of Colorado at Boulder.  Later, I moved to Washington D.C. to teach Spanish in Fairfax County, VA.  I decided that I preferred the west and returned to Orange County, CA where I taught all levels of Spanish, including AP/IB as well as Cultural Geography in Tustin Unified School District.  Because I’ve always been an avid learner, I pursued my Masters Degree in Spanish Philology from Middlebury College where I spent a year in Spain taking graduate Spanish classes. I am currently in my 8th year teaching Spanish at Cherry Creek High School.  I am glad to call Colorado home with my husband and three small children.

No comments:

Post a Comment