Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Miracle Morning: The Cure for Procrastination

The Miracle Morning!


Have you heard of it?  Have you heard of Hal Elrod, the guy who "came up" with this concept and wrote the book about it?  If you haven't heard of it, I'm here to tell you, you've got to read his book.  It is the cure for the procrastination problem sweeping the earth.  Well, maybe procrastination isn't exactly sweeping the earth, but it was certainly sweeping through my household.  Or more specifically I was suffering from it and so was my daughter.  

Enter, the Miracle Morning.  The basic idea is to get up about an hour earlier than usual every morning to do a series of six self improvement activities before your day begins.  There is a handy acronym that Hal developed to help you remember what you are supposed to do.  The activities are called Life S.A.V.E.R.S.

S if for Silence (meditation or prayer)

A is for Affirmations (think "I am the greatest!" -Muhammad Ali)

V is for Visualization (think vision boards popularized by the Secret and Oprah)

E is for Exercise (Yoga, running, weights, pushups, you pick)

R is for Reading (self help books, the Bible, something inspiring)

S is for Scribing(Writing) (gratitude journal, goals, journaling about your day)


So, what does this have to do with procrastination?  Everything!  Once you have your goals in the forefront of your mind every morning, the urge to procrastinate disappears.  How are you going to achieve your goals if you put off doing the things you need to do?  You can't.  If I want to accomplish something, I need to act on it.  I need to create the habits today to make me the person I want to be tomorrow.  The Miracle Morning does that!

How are you planning to achieve your goals and dreams for 2017?

No comments:

Post a Comment